When you're body is full of junk and stress you just can't lose weight and workout is hopeless. Keeping your mind and soul healthy, are important factors for maintaining a healthy body. I honestly don't know why but it's definitely true for me. I've done juice cleanses from time to time, and used epsome salts, and acupunture, as well as had some cupping done to remove toxins and stress from my body. All of which I love and believe keeps my body working smoothly. Also, btw, you can't overlook the importance of getting regular or semi regular massages! It's a good detoxifier, but it is seriously dehyrating, and time consuming. :-/
The most important things with detox are that you make sure you are not over doing it, and that you are staying hydrated!!!
Anyways, I was searching the internet for a detoxifying bath recipe (since I've been serously stressed out, and I haven't been able to workout all week since I was in a car accident last week where I'm pretty sure I suffered some form of whip lash because I've been achy all over! Ugh!) when I stumbled on this little gem I just HAD to share...
Holy Moly... I generally don't believe in quick fixes, but I stumbled on this and I just had to share it. Disclaimer: I've never tried it. But I just had to post it, because I just know I'm gonna want to find this one again in a pinch!
"wrap recipe from the Six Senses Spa at the Evanson Hua Hun:"
INGREDIENTS (Adjust quantities according to your body size)
- 1 oz (20 gms) ginger
- 3 oz (80 gms) turmeric
- Handful of rice
- Warm water as required
1. Grind together the ginger and turmeric.
2. Powder the rice to a coarse, grainy texture.
3. Add everything to the warm water and mix till it makes a thick paste.
4. Massage the paste all over your body in circular motions, paying special attention to areas with fatty deposits such as thighs, stomach, hips and upper arms.
5. Leave the paste on for 20 minutes* and then rinse off with warm water. Follow with a moisturiser of your choice.
* You can increase the recipe’s potency by wrapping your body (or at least the problem areas) in plastic sheet or strips of cloth.
How she says it works?
By stimulating circulation and reducing water retention. Kinda the same way that accupuncture for weightloss works I guess (which, by the way, is awesome if you have problem areas, and the results will likely be much more long lasting than any body wrap)!
view the full article at http://thebeautygypsy.com/how-to-drop-a-dress-size-in-20-minutes/
BE CAREFUL! I believe in the power of detox, but I also think it can be dangerous if not used properly. If you do this, please make sure you stay hydrated!!!